Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Guru Rating Service !!!

While searching over for Isha Foundation website of Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev, I encountered something very very surprising - a Guru Rating Service.

I was stunned, confused, and annoyed. Digging further I found that the site is actually quite detailed and lists and rates many or most Gurus. Every name that I knew or had ever come across was on the site.

The site seems to be well maintained and extensive, with links to the official website of the Gurus (if any), and any articles relating to them.

However it was a surprise, not expected. How can anyone rate a Guru !

The site itself mentions the brickbats received on the very first page
How tragic! How weird! Rating the non-dual teachers - how tragically American
I have the same view.

However, as the site quotes another review, '... it was inevitable'.

No comments:

Post a Comment